Monday, June 21, 2010

Katasha's Wedding!

What a fun weekend - crazy busy, but fun!  Katasha and Tim were married in the St, George Temple on Saturday, June 19th.   We spent the morning setting up all the tables and chairs for that evening.  They decided they didn't want a typical wedding reception....standing around for three hours shaking hands with a bunch of people they don't really know (can't blame them)!  Instead they opted for an 'intimate' evening with dinner, program, and dancing. With a family as enormous as ours (and Tim's family isn't small either) 'intimate' is all relative - no pun intended!  We still had over 200 guests - 90% family and a handful of friends!

The wedding was wonderful!  Tasha is the last of the 12 kids to go through the temple, and it was great to have so many of us together to see her get married!

The brother's (minus Jeff [Botus] who was not in town yet and Dallin who is on his mission in Ecuador) and brother's-in-law.
The sister's (except Trina - she was helping Mom and Tasha) and sister's-in-law.
                                                 Trina and I later on.

I tried to get a picture of Sky and I together - this is how it turned out - thanks Damon!


I did manage to get one later on - minus Damon! :)

Tasha looked so beautiful when she came out of the Temple!
What a stunning couple!
We then gathered at Mom's house to get some pictures before the guests started arriving.

Tasha and Tim with the nieces and nephews on Tasha's side.
Mom and all of Tasha's siblings (minus Dallin)
The wind was causing a ruckus for a little while.  A couple of the flower arrangements blew over and one shattered the vase, the other shattered the glass table top!  I love this picture, because everything looks normal, until you look at Cort's tie - like I said, crazy wind!
  We had to put Mack to bed, so we snapped a few pictures of him first.  He looked so darling in his suspenders and bow tie!
After the dinner, we had a little program.  The sisters all sang (and danced - ha ha) 'You Can't Hurry Love'  - we dedicated it to their long engagement (15 months)!
The ones that stole the show were the little nieces singing Wishin' and Hopin' (from My Best Friends Wedding).  They did a darling job!
B.J. even coaxed the bride and groom up onto the stage to dance during his song 'My Girl'!
The party then moved to the backyard for dancing and dessert.  Tasha and Tim got the party rolling by breaking out their dance moves again!
 The kids thought they were in heaven with all the dancing, dessert, and tons of candy!
 Bo loved the 'kids area' and spent most of his time there.
Tasha and Tim had their official 'first dance'.
 Since Dad has passed away, Tasha decided to have Brother/Sister dance instead of a Father/Daughter dance to honor Dad.  All six of the brothers that were there took turns cutting in.  It was very sweet. Unfortunately, only one of the pictures I took of the dance turned out (Tasha and Damon).  I'm sure Dad was watching and smiling at his baby girl with her brothers.
As the party rolled on, more and more people joined in the dancing.
It was so fun watching everyone get up and dance!  YMCA was a big hit!
Tim built a Photo Booth that turned out to be a very popular attraction, especially for the kids! (They were all waiting in line for their turn!)
Sky and Taly took a few spins on the dance floor.
One of the highlights of the night was when my brother-in-law, Spencer, showed up on a horse and in a mix of Napoleon Dynamite and Old Spice commercial, offered the bride and groom some 'advice'!  What a crack up - we all had a good laugh!
Sky and I got a few dances in.  Trey came and joined us for the last dance of the evening (the picture is blurry, but it was so cute of Trey - I had to include it).
We had a great evening and Tasha and Tim were thrilled with how it turned out!  We didn't get home till after midnight.  The kids were having so much fun, they probably could have gone strong all night!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful start to a marriage. I'm still sad we had to miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect wedding and celebration. It looks wonderful! It's kind of freaks me out that Tasha is married. I just remember her as such a little tiny girl, and even though I see these pictures of her, it's hard to imagine her any other way. She looks beautiful.

    I totally cried when I read about her dancing with all your brothers--

    ReplyDelete